Carole A. Bell, Licensed Professional Counselor
I am licensed by the State of Texas to do counseling (L.P.C.) and have been in private practice since 1999.
Before I was in private practice, I worked in the public schools as a teacher, a counselor, and a supervisor of the special education program in Plainview I.S.D. These experiences give me a unique understanding of kids and their challenges in school.
Experience and training in the following populations
- The bereaved
- Those suffering from mood disorders
- The learning disabled
- The gifted, the disinterested, and those who are both gifted and disinterested.
- Children younger than nine—I am not set up to do play therapy, but will do parent consultation or refer the child to a colleague who does do play therapy.
- Authored a parenting book, From Birth to Seven: Build a Strong Foundation.
- Worked for 20 years as leader of a twice-yearly bereavement support group. (*See bottom of this page for more information.)
The fee for one hour of counseling is $75.00. Copays, as dictated by your insurance policy, will be collected at the time of the counseling session. If you do not have insurance, you may pay by cash or check.
I will soon be in network for major carriers in this area. I will work with you for your specific needs, or if you have an insurance not routinely seen in this area.
I see clients by appointment only. Generally, I will see clients between 10 a.m and 5 p.m. with additional appointments until 7 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. As needed, I will arrange appointments on Saturday mornings.
Office Location: 3109 Olton Road, Suite 103, Plainview, TX 79072
Mailing Address: 3109 Olton Road, #5013, Plainview, TX 79072,
Email: email@example.com Phone: 806.292.0134
*More information about the bereavement groups
- Bible-based approach to grief and recovery meets for six sessions twice a year.
- Group meets in library at First United Methodist Church, 1001 W. 7th, Plainview, TX (enter under covered drive on south)
- Meetings once a week on Wednesdays from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. during scheduled dates
- No charge to participate.
- Sessions begin the week after public school spring break and the week before the week of Thanksgiving.
- For additional information, call Carole at 806-292-0134.