Carole’s ministry is empowering families to raise godly children in a secular world.
Carole acknowledges Christ as Savior and Lord of her life: “Without Him, I would be nothing. I strive to serve Him and bring Him glory in my ministry as well as my personal life.”
Carole brings to her ministry knowledge and understanding from a wide range of experiences. She worked with special needs children and diverse cultural populations. She taught and counseled a broad variety of children and teens from the disinterested and discouraged to the eager learner and the gifted. In all of these children, she saw a common thread: the need to feel valued and empowered by the people in their lives.
- Bachelor of Science in Home Economics Education (including child development) from the University of North Texas
- Master of Education in Guidance and Counseling from University of North Texas
- Certificate in Language and Learning Disabilities from Texas Tech University
- Thirty-two years in public education as teacher in elementary school, middle school, and high school; counselor in Pk-6, middle school, and high school; and supervisor of district special education program. Thirteen years as consultant and counselor in private practice as well as writer, speaker, and trainer in parenting issues.
Awards and Publications
- Recipient-1997 Plainview Daily Herald’ Citizenship Hall of Fame Award for Encouragement
- Recipient-2005 Hale County Literacy Council’s Lity Award
- Christian Parenting weekly column for Plainview Herald since 1999
- Christian Parenting monthly column for Hale Center Insider since 2011
- “The Tiny Waist of the Fifties” Chicken Soup for the Soul, Say Hello to a Better Body! Weight Loss and Fitness for Women Over 50, 2012.